Thursday, November 6, 2008

Tricky Mommy

I think I mentioned in a previous post that we hadn't been using the moses basket as much, because J doesn't sleep well with Evie in the room, and she sleeps best in her crib at night. This week I've been sick and needed to have a place to put Evie at a moment's notice because it's hard to blow my nose with her in my arms. Yuck. So I brought our moses basket and its rocking stand downstairs to the TV room. I don't know why I hadn't thought of it before, but Evie takes great naps like this:
(p.s. that's Phoebe's rear end to the right of the rockers; she is still a faithful guard.) I think that Evie sleeps well in the TV room because the sound of the TV in the background masks other ambient noises that might wake her, and perhaps hearing the TV tricks her into thinking she's still in my arms, being rocked in the leather armchair? Whatever, it works for us.

Hopefully I won't turn her into an adult that likes to sleep with the TV on all the time; J and I don't even have a TV in our bedroom. But she is still sleeping well at night with silence in her nursery, so I'm encouraged.

Random factoid #1: her acne is almost gone now.

Random factoid #2: I appear to have high frequency hearing loss? We have a thermometer and I've been taking Evie's temp under her arm a couple of times a day to make sure she hasn't developed a fever to go with her cough, sniffles and sneezes. Apparently the darn thing beeps when it's done reading her temp, and J can hear it, but I can't. I feel old, and I'm only 30! And J is the one who listens to his mp3 player while mowing the lawn (a big hearing loss no-no) whereas I rarely use headphones to listen to music, preferring speakers.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you have hearing loss, just selective hearing...you hear the important stuff..."baby" sounds.......LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of the Moses basket in the t.v. room. I think a little snooze area in convenient rooms is a must, esp. for when baby #2 arrives!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you ask a question, I'll probably reply in the comment thread, and I try to visit the blogs of everyone who comments.

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog