Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Giving thanks today for...
  • God's faithfulness in my life and answers to my prayers

  • J, the best dad and husband I could have asked for

  • Evie Bea, my dream come true


  • J's family, who love Evie and me as much as my blood relatives do. Here are pictures of 5 members of J's family (of the 18 of us that were here today) meeting Evie for the first time:

J's Uncle Craig:
Uncle Doug:

Aunt Michelle:

Great Aunt Opal:

Aunt Jan:
  • My family, spread all around the country today: I miss you all

  • My wonderful friends, online and offline

  • My sweet pups, who were there before Evie to bring a smile to my face on the worst of days. Apollo LOVES grandma and grandpa's house. Cushions!

  • My country (Thanksgiving has always been patriotic in my family) and that for the first time in my adult life I got to choose between two truly worthy candidates for the presidency.

  • Finally, I'm thankful for turkey stuffing, wine and Grandma Evie's recipe for pumpkin chiffon pie

Here is Evie smiling at her grandpa in a new bib, made my one of J's mother's friends:


And here is a close-up of her Thanksgiving outfit; the onesie is a gift from her Uncle Matt and Aunt Christine. It isn't her only organic cotton onesie, but it is the only onesie she has that was handmade in Austin, Texas. Evie says: "I love you Aunt Christine and Uncle Matt! I'm so sad you weren't here today!"

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, Evie!!!

    (and can I just say, "mmmmm....pumpkin chiffon!")

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, thanks for the shoutout. she could not be cuter. <3

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you ask a question, I'll probably reply in the comment thread, and I try to visit the blogs of everyone who comments.

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog