Sunday, November 2, 2008

Evie's Baby Box

I decided to take pictures of things that I want to put in Evie's "baby box" some day, so that I can print them and write on the back who gave them to her. That way she'll always know, in case I forget for some reason. I know, it's a bit over-the-top. My motivation is that there are things in my baby box that I don't know details about. I'm taking pictures of my things, too, so that my mom can tell me the details and I can write it down for posterity.

For Evie's box, here are the Web*kinz cow and Be@nie Baby pig that G's sister gave to her on her birth day: This is a cornhusk doll that we received as a gift from a local craftswoman and from our hotel in Santa Rose while we were vacationing in Mexico immediately after being matched with R, G and Evie. The hotelier and local woman had no idea about our news, so it was a fun coincidence:
This is a onesie from G's sister, also given to Evie on her birth day:

Here is the tutu I made her and that she wore in her 2/3 week portraits. It will take up a lot of room in the box, but I'm not ready to get rid of it yet. She'll probably put it on a doll, eventually:

Finally, here is an afghan crocheted by J's grandmother Evelyn, after whom Evie is named. Grandma Evie crocheted quite a bit while she listened to/watched Minnesota Twins games. One year she won a blue ribbon at the county fair for one of her afghans (this isn't the blue ribbon one):






1 comment:

  1. What a great idea. I don't have anything from when I was a baby so these things are important to me now with my daughter. I save the outfits that I take her monthly pictures in so she can do the same with her daughter one day if she wants to.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you ask a question, I'll probably reply in the comment thread, and I try to visit the blogs of everyone who comments.

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog