- We found a gorgeous old home (ca. 1855) that we want to buy.
- We did a crapload of work on our house to get it ready to sell.
- We put our house on the market.
- Nobody is coming to look at it...crappy economy strikes home.
- Evie woke up from a nap with a high fever (no other symptoms) and we had an emergency doctor appointment that involved a catheter, blood draw, chest x-ray, antibiotic shots and ultimately a diagnosis of...I dunno, a virus? Ugh.
- We started composting and joined a whole foods co-op, a fruit and veggie CSA and a meat and egg CSA. Next up is converting our cars to run on vegetable oil. Just kidding.
- Both sets of grandparents are coming to visit in the next week.
- I wrote a new "Dear Special People" letter as a first step toward creating our new profile and eventually jumping back in the pool of prospective adoptive parents. (Anyone want to edit it? Shoot me an e-mail.)
- Evie's birth parents, R and G, both came to visit on Saturday. It was R's first time seeing Evie since she was 3 months old! More about that another time.
- J started baking bread from scratch and figured out how to cook sous vide in our crock pot with his brewing temperature regulator.
- I scored a brand new Baby Bjorn at a yard sale for $20 and re-sold it within 2 days for $30 on Craigslist.
- I found Evie a pair of like-new size 5 Converse for $1 at a yard sale. :D
- Evie likes to poke her finger in my belly button to make me giggle.
- The allergy medicine seems to be helping Evie...at least her sneezes and itching have subsided since we started giving it to her. And R said on Saturday that she had seasonal allergies as a child badly enough that she got shots for awhile.
- R also mentioned that she can be a bit of a drama queen. That explains a lot! :)
Life in bullets, take 2 (0r 3?)
4 years ago