Sunday, December 28, 2008

Meeting Jessica, John and Colt!

Surprise! Jessica and I plotted to meet up for lunch today, since J and I were driving down I-35 to San Antonio and back for Christmas, and they live along the route. We ate at Apple*bees and chatted about babies, adoption, etc. It was a lot of fun and Colt is even more adorable in person, with his sweet little newborn wrinkles, teeny hands and cuddly tininess. He was perfect through it all, since he'd just eaten, but Evie put on a little show toward the end and I'm sure some of our fellow diners were wishing I would just make her be quiet already. I did get her to sleep so that she's not crying in the picture!

Which one of us looks like a cliche "new mom?" Me in all of my traveling grunginess or Jessica, all put together and looking cute, having just gone to church? That's what I thought.

Thanks, Jessica, John and Colt, for meeting us. It is so fun to turn online friends into real-life friends!

So, we got home tonight at about 9 PM and we're unpacking while Evie is sleeping soundly, back in her crib. Just in time...we were running out of bottles, burp cloths, bibs and Evie's patience.

3 comments:

  1. Cute picture! I love meeting online friends. :) Sounds like you guys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a total blast meeting you guys! Can't wait to do it again sometime!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you ask a question, I'll probably reply in the comment thread, and I try to visit the blogs of everyone who comments.

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog