Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Crafty

So, I wasn't kidding about how I'm going to be spending my time these next couple of months, waiting for Clio. I dragged my sewing machine and supplies upstairs (from the basement) for better light, and in the last 24 hours I've created:

3 custom onesies, using fabric scraps appliqued to the front of plain white newborn onesies. One is Pooh and Piglet, one is Tigger and the other is a fairy (and yes, the fairy one is on crooked, I don't know why! I pinned it first, but...oh well, she'll only wear it once anyhow.). 2 embellished infant prefold diapers. The bottom one is lilac fleece and the top is the same fairy print I used for the onesie.
4 wool diaper covers made out of old sweaters. The two on the left are size small and the two on the right are mediums. I'm really in love with the color and softness of the two in front, while the two in back are a bit scratchier and more boyish colors, so I might end up giving them away on diaperswappers. If any of you want them, let me know. They were good practice and kept me busy, at least.

We'll be out of town this weekend, but next week I'll probably be working on a Christmas quilt that I started last fall and I'd like to have finished by Thanksgiving this year.


7 comments:

  1. I'm impressed! That is great that you have so many projects to keep you busy. The stuff looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way man, my soaker doesn't hold a CANDLE to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy moley, you're GOOD! I can honestly say it is my disgusting shame to admit I can't even sew on a button, let alone MAKE things!! You did a wonderful job! How did you learn all this stuff, and quilting, too????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone!

    De, my mom taught me to sew and to quilt and I'll be happy to teach you how to sew on a button next time we see each other. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like fun! I love to sew and am about to start our baby's quilt! It's a great way to pass the wait time...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the onesies! Did you have to fuse them before stitching?

    ReplyDelete
  7. bala, I didn't fuse them, but maybe I should have since the fairy one ended up crooked! haha

    I cut out the fabric pieces with a 1/4 inch allowance, then ironed under the allowance, pinned them in place and zig zag stitched them with clear quilting thread.

    Voila!

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you ask a question, I'll probably reply in the comment thread, and I try to visit the blogs of everyone who comments.

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog