Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Evie had two costumes this year, patched together from thrift shop finds and things we already had around the house (and her birthday party hat). She won a prize for "cutest costume" at our church Halloween party this evening for her pirate girl costume:


And on Friday she was a fairy for our playgroup Halloween party. When I secured the tiara on her head in front of the mirror, she said "I pretty!" So I guess the pretty princess phase has officially started and I have only myself to blame for encouraging her by buying the tiara in the first place!
After our church party this evening we trick-or-treated up and down our street from about 6:45 to 7:15 or so, and Evie did a great job saying "trick or treat" and "thank you!" She had a tootsie pop and some gummy candy before bed but she was so worn out that it didn't keep her awake for a second. When I asked her before bath time whether she liked Halloween she replied "one more time?" So, yes. Happy Halloween everyone!

2 comments:

  1. SOOOooo cute! Wish we lived near and could get pirate Decs and pirate Evie together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pirate or fairy - equally adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you ask a question, I'll probably reply in the comment thread, and I try to visit the blogs of everyone who comments.

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog