Monday, April 12, 2010

Gardening: Before and After

With a combination of hard work (from J's dad, J and I) and mother nature, we are making progress with our yard! And Evie has enjoyed being my little (muddy) helper.

Back bed before:
Pruned and budding rose bush after:
Blooming daffodils after (God gets credit for that):
Side bushes before:
After (and I've raked more since, so they look even better now):
Corner of house before:
After! We extended our sump line to eliminate the marsh, pulled down all of the ivy, trimmed the bushes, and J's dad came for a week to help scrape, bleach and prime the house. J is in the middle of painting it, hence the blue tape:
Another view of the ivy infestation before:
And after!

3 comments:

  1. IT looks amazing! Lots of hard work, I'm sure. You'll have to post some pictures of the roses when they bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The removal of the ivy is a dramatic improvement. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you ask a question, I'll probably reply in the comment thread, and I try to visit the blogs of everyone who comments.

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog